Lutheran Church & Preschool
On December 25, 1908, a small band of Slovak Lutherans gathered to form Emmanual Evangelical Lutheran Church in Calhan. It took a few years, but the congration grew and was on it’s way to establishing a presence in Calhan and the surrounding area. After a decade of hard work and saving, the congregation’s ﬁrst building was dedicated on August 18, 1918. The building was located (and still houses a working congregation) on the corner of Colorado Avenue and 7th Street.
On November 29, 1954, the congregation voted to change their name to St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church of Calhan. As the congregation continued to grow, there were dreams of building a larger facility. On January 19, 1992, those dreams were realized as the congregation moved into it’s present location as the ﬁrst sight of Calhan people see when travelling from the west.
We at St. Paul Lutheran welcome everyone, equip for discipleship, and send everyone out into the world to make a diﬀerence in Jesus’ name. Highlights of the year include St. Paul Lutheran Preschool, the Annual, Chrustmas Store, the Annual Beer & Brats Festival, and the Monthly All-Church Potlucks.
Come and worship with Pastor Tim at our Sunday Worship Service at 10:00 a.m.
Pastor: Timothy Bettger
Congregation Assistant: Andrea Fowler Preschool Director: Tanya Luiten