24-Hour Crisis Line
Conﬁdential Victim Advocate
719-243-4833 (Direct Line)
TESSA’s mission is to help women, men, and their children achieve safety and wellbeing while challenging communities to end sexual and family violence.
TESSA was established in May 1977 in response to a high rate of calls to local law enforcement from women threatened or assaulted by their partners. At the time, Domestic Violence was considered a private matter and resources were diﬃcult to locate, if they existed at all. With assistance from within the legal and philanthropic communities TESSA ermerged as an information provider and resource referral service. Fundamentally, we do three things:
- Provide immediate safety at our conﬁdential Safehouse for women, men, and children escaping stalking or abuse.
- Empower survivors through programs and support such as Advocacy and Counseling.
- Create a safer future through Education and Outreach to schools, businesses, and other organizations.
- Conﬁdential Safehouse
- 24/7 Crisis Line
- Stalker Protection
- Victim Advocacy
- Counseling and Children’s Programs
- Community Outreach and Education
TESSA is the only provider of conﬁdential services speciﬁcally for victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (DVSA) in El Paso and Teller Counties. Conﬁdentiality is aﬀorded to the agency via Colorado Revised Statute §13-90-107(k) and is broken only when absolutely necessary to prevent futher harm.
Calhan Community Outreach Center
328 Tenth Street
Calhan, Colorado 80808
Tuesday & Thursday: 10:00am–4:00pm, walk-ins welcome!
Monday & Friday: By appointment